Copyright and Licensing
For all articles published in the Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research, copyright is retained by the authors. Articles are licensed under an open access Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY 4.0 ) meaning that anyone may download and read the paper for free. In addition, the article may be reused and quoted provided that the original published version is cited properly. These conditions allow for maximum use and exposure of the work while ensuring that the authors receive proper credit.
Reproducing Published Material from other Publishers
Authors must obtain permission to reproduce any published material (figures, schemes, tables, or any extract of a text) which does not fall into the public domain or for which they do not hold the copyright. The authors should request permission from the copyright holder (usually the publisher, please refer to the imprint of the individual publications to identify the copyright holder).Permission is required for:
- Other publishers published your works and for which you did not retain copyright
- Substantial extracts from anyone's works or a series of works
- Use of Tables, Graphs, Charts, Schemes, and Artworks if they are unaltered or slightly modified
- Photographs for which you do not hold the copyright
- Reconstruction of your table with data already published elsewhere; in this case, you must cite the source as "Data from..." or "Adapted from..."
- Reasonably short quotes are considered fair use and, therefore, do not require permission.
- Graphs, Charts, Schemes, and Artworks completely redrawn by the authors and significantly changed beyond recognition do not require permission.
To avoid unnecessary delays in the publication process, you should start obtaining permission as early as possible. If in any doubt about the copyright, apply for permission. Pakistan Journal of Psychological Research cannot publish material from other publications without their permission.
The copyright holder may instruct you on the form of acknowledgment to be followed; otherwise, follow the below style:
"Reproduced with permission from [author], [book/journal title]; published by [publisher], [year].' at the end of the caption of the Table, Figure or Scheme".